Yesterday I decided to do a little experiment to try my hand at stop motion animation. So I got the ubiquitous pose-able art guy out and took some pictures of him and some river pebbles having a little physical dialogue. I then put these still shots into my I-movie program, adjusted the timing on them a little and voila! Art guy and his river pebbles are on the move.
I am working on an idea for a longer project (read 2 minute music video) using a hand made doll and I want to create smoother movements. This is all part of my rather steep learning curve when it comes to computerized movie making. But today’s experiment showed me what potential there is in putting images together to create simple movement. I’ll keep you posted!